This website was moved to a new, faster server and the meeting announcement, as well as several forum posts made after July were lost. Sorry for the inconvenience.
DATE: Wednesday, Oct. 11. 2006
PLACE: EAST FARMINGDALE FIRE DEPARTMENT
930 Conklin Street
East Farmingdale, NY 11735-2413
TIME: 7 PM - DINNER
- SPEAKERS Lieut. Mike Wilbur, FDNY Bronx Ladder Co. # 27 – He is recognized as an expert in apparatus safety and emergency vehicle driving as well as the author of the Safety column for Firehouse Magazine. He will discuss all aspects of why the SEAT BELT is the most unfriendly component in fire apparatus. Invite your Chief or Commissioner to hear this.
- EVT Preparation, Registration and Test – at Lupton Hall - SUNY Farmingdale – the EVT test will be held
Tuesday- October 24 at 7 PM . Our member, Chris LoPreto, who moonlights as a college instructor, will hold the prep class on Tuesday, October l7 at 7 PM The last day to register is Thursday, October 12.– everyone who plans to be tested must call Chris @516-695-5510.
- ASE Test Dates Nov. 9, 14 & 16 – Registration extended to Oct. 7 – www.ase.com or call Richie Partridge
@ 631-567-2704 Ext 3#.
- NYS Fire Districts - Nov. 2 - 4 Nevele Grand Hotel – Ellenville NY
- REGULAR MEETING – Thursday, November 9 - Location and speaker to be announced.
- HOLIDAY CELBRATION – Thursday, December 7 – The second annual holiday event will be held in the evening at the Thatched Cottage in Centerport, NY – No charge for members in good standing. RSVP
- Our member, Tommy Gleason, Chief Engineer and ex-Chief of Empire Hose Co. # 3 of Merrick is in need
for his three year old daughter, Shannon. She is a patient at Memorial Sloan-Kettering with a rare form
of soft tissue cancer and requires frequent blood and platelet transfusions. Information will be available at the meeting or go to
www.caringbridge.org/visit/shannong[*1] . There will be a fundraising dinner and show on Jan. 13 in Merrick.
- Thanks to all at the East Meadow Fire Department for their hospitality in June. The comments were excellent. The group enjoyed the WS Darley CAFS demo and the Performance Advantage Toolmount
display as well as the excellent dinner.
- DIRECTIONS to East Farmingdale Fire Dept. –. LIE – 495 to Exit 49S – merge onto 110 S/Broad Hollow Road toward Amityville for approximately 3 miles – turn right on Conklin St / Rte.24.
- 2006 dues – $50. Payable to Fire District Mechanics Society - 2007 dues would be appreciated now. Please RSVP for the Dec. 7th CHRISTMAS PARTY by calling Steve @ 631-476-8944 or Kit @ 631-543-7848